Settling into the lecture routine? Tuesday is filled with loads of great events being held for you and the Wessex Scene is here to help you see what’s going on.

Media Committee (3pm-5pm): First Media Committee of the new year being held in Meeting Room 2, Level 1 in Building 42 (Highfield campus). Media Committee is a standing committee of the students’ union – more information on this can be found here: http://www.susu.org/making-a-difference/running-your-union

For the agenda and associated papers please visit: http://minutes.susu.org/index.php?mode=mview&mid=1227

Standing Committees are open to all students to attend.

Union Films Presents: Dark Shadows (7pm-9:30pm): Head down to the cinema to see Johnny Depp in this dramatic, mystery horror. Barnabas Collins is a man turned vampire trying to piece together the remains of his manor and home after being buried for two centuries.

Comedy Central Live (7pm-Midnight): Fancy a giggle? Head down to the Bridge bar for the brand new Comedy Central Night for a side splitting night of humour. Yes, the actual Comedy Central! Michael McIntyre, Jack Whitehall, and Sarah Millican are just a few of the famous names this tour can drop!

SUCU Hall Groups (7:30pm-9:30pm): All residents of halls, religious or not, are invited to hall groups. It’s a great opportunity to be part of the larger Christian Union and to develop your relationship with religion. For more information, email discipleship@sucu.org.uk.

Bencraft When I Grow Up… (8pm-2am): Relive your childhood as you dress up as whatever weird, wonderful and even impossible careers you were determined to follow when you were younger. Who knows, there may still be a chance to fulfil your childhood dreams!

Archers do…TBC (8pm-2am): Another takeover as Archers Road meet up for a great night out at a venue TBC.

Connaught hit Café Parfait (8pm-2am): Join your fellow Connaught Freshers at this lavish and luxurious club in Bedford Place. A chance to have a classy night out.

Chambers ABC (8pm-1:30pm): Get your butt to Glen Eyre bar for a great night out. There is only one rule, ANYTHING BUT CLOTHES! Get creative with bin liners, ruin tea towels, abuse the tin foil or simply find some leaves. The possibilities are endless.

Glen Do JUNK (8pm-2am): NO gimmicks, just Glen Eyre Freshers having a great night out in JUNK.

Highfield and Private Rented become Superheroes (8pm-2am): Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it’s a bunch of freshers all kitted out as superheroes and villains. Get your spandex at the ready and dust off your cape for this super evening.

Orion’s Point Army Night (8pm-2am): Orange Rooms is the target so get in your army gear and take over the place. Camouflage everything and take plenty of shots as you cause some carnage.

Monte’s Detention (8pm-2am): School is out, but Monte’s got to stay after hours! Geek out in Orange Rooms dressed in your school uniform and get an A* in partying.

Erasmus Park Old School Games Night (8pm-10pm): You bring the snacks, they’ll bring the games. After all, there’s no school like old school!

As always, remember to check http://www.susu.org/fresh/2012/ and your JCR’s Facebook pages to get more information on their events. Have a great Freshers’ guys!

More articles in Freshers' Week 2012
  1. What the heck is going on: Monday 24th?
  2. The Bunfight: A Quick Guide
  3. What the heck is going on: Tuesday 25th?
  4. What the heck is going on: Wednesday 26th?
  5. Help and Support Day at SUSU!
  6. What the heck is going on: Thursday 27th
  7. Queues, Leaflets and an Octopus: It’s the Freshers’ Bunfight 2012!
  8. What the heck is going on: Friday 28th
  9. What the heck is going on: Saturday 29th?
  10. What the heck is going on: Sunday 30th?
  11. What the heck is going on: Monday 1st?
  12. What the heck is going on: Tuesday 2nd
  13. What the heck is going on: Wednesday 3rd?
  14. What the heck is going on: Thursday 4th?
  15. What the heck is going on: Friday 5th?
  16. What the heck is going on: Saturday 6th?
  17. What the heck is going on: Sunday 7th?
  18. What the heck is going on: Monday 8th?
  19. High SUSUciety: The Freshers’ Ball 2012.
  20. Diets, Dishes and Drunken Debacles: the Lifestyle of Freshers