In the Scene logoGuys, are you stuck with what to wear this season to get you in the Christmas mood? Here is a list of the basic winter trends and how best to wear them!

Christmas Jumpers

This Autumn/Winter, menswear trends are heavily based around some seriously bad Christmas jumpers. Apparently, the worse they look the better they are! Something about wearing a jumper that your Nan could have knitted is now fashionable. You can buy these jumpers at various high street shops like Primark and New Look. If you don’t want to make a statement at this year’s Christmas party then this is the look to go for and I can guarantee that you will get a few laughs!

However, if cheesy Christmas jumpers aren’t your thing, then you can find more tasteful Christmas patterned knitwear in shops like Next and online at Boohoo.com.

Fairisle Crew Neck Jumper

Photo courtesy of boohoo.com

Tailoring

Tailoring is key this season and can be done simply by pairing a jersey or wool blazer with a t-shirt and jeans. This will give a casual but smart look which is perfect for work events. Or you can go all out with a tweed suit in various shades of blue, the new colour black. Claret is a popular colour this season and, if you want something with a bit of shimmer, then I’d recommend a velvet blazer; these can be found at ASOS.com.

Roll neck jumpers are a popular replacement for the usual shirt and have been styled underneath suits.

Image 1 of ASOS Tailored Velvet BlazerPhoto courtesy of ASOS.com

Coats/Jackets

To keep warm this winter you can choose from a number of fashionable options. The first is the classic bomber/baseball jacket, which can be found in most men’s high street shops.
Many designers are favouring a new take on the famous camouflage print and using it on parka coats with fur collars and trimmings.

Topman bomber jacket

Photo courtesy of Topman.com

You can also pick up a range of Christmas patterned hats, scarf’s and gloves. The most stylish choice for footwear is large hiking boots which will defiantly keep your toes warm.

Happy shopping!

More articles in In The Scene (Fashion Column)
  1. In The Scene: What to Wear on a Night Out in Southampton
  2. 6 Ways to get your Best Ever Wardrobe in 2013!
  3. Candy Crush : A/W Pastels
  4. Christmas 2013: Menswear Trends
  5. Autumn/Winter 2013: The High Street Top Ten
  6. Party Picks for Southampton This Season!
  7. Trends of 2013: The Top 5
  8. My Favourite UK Fashion Bloggers
  9. Southampton University Fashion and Style Society Celebrates its First Birthday
  10. The Top High Street Trends of Spring 2014