In the Scene logoSouthampton University’s Fashion and Style Society has had a busy and exciting time of late! Having recently celebrated its first birthday, the Society has taken part in a variety of events, including a photo shoot, an Ethical Shopping event and a blog competition.

Last month, the society took part in an Ethical Shopping Event, which was organised by SUSU Ethics and Environment. The Fashion Society sourced clothes from local charity shops and used them to style a range of outfits, proving that charity shopping can be very chic! Clothing from a range of ethical brands was available to purchase at the event, and attendees were advised about which fabrics to look out for and which to avoid for an ethically friendly wardrobe.

Shortly after the Ethical Shopping event, the society had its second photo shoot of the year. 1655349_638975359503650_49767762_oWith the help of members of the University’s Photographic society, the team took to Highfield Campus for a Valentine’s Day-themed shoot. Members of the society were involved in all aspects of the shoot, including modelling, makeup and styling. The shoot featured date-ready makeup, with pink lips and flirty winged eyeliner along with garments in a range of beautiful pink and red hues. Visit the Society’s Facebook page to see photos from the shoot!

The Society are currently running a blog competition with a prize of £20 in West Quay vouchers (the perfect addition to any fashionista’s purse!). To be in with a chance of winning, submit a blog post reviewing either your favourite beauty product or an Outfit of the Day post. Email your entries to hfw1g11@soton.ac.uk by the 26th of March.

If the Fashion and Style society sounds like the society for you, visit the society’s blog or Facebook page to find out more information about joining (the committee’s AGM is coming up soon!) and be the first to find out about upcoming events.

More articles in In The Scene (Fashion Column)
  1. In The Scene: What to Wear on a Night Out in Southampton
  2. 6 Ways to get your Best Ever Wardrobe in 2013!
  3. Candy Crush : A/W Pastels
  4. Christmas 2013: Menswear Trends
  5. Autumn/Winter 2013: The High Street Top Ten
  6. Party Picks for Southampton This Season!
  7. Trends of 2013: The Top 5
  8. My Favourite UK Fashion Bloggers
  9. Southampton University Fashion and Style Society Celebrates its First Birthday
  10. The Top High Street Trends of Spring 2014