Cost: £8.80 (£1.47 per portion)
Prep and cooking time: 30 minutes
2 cloves of garlic
1 3cm piece of ginger
1 red chilli
500g chicken breast or thigh
2 large onions
100g fine beans
1 red pepper
2 tablespoons of Thai Green Curry Paste
1 400g tin of coconut milk
1 teaspoon of nigella seeds
1 handful of chopped coriander
1. Chop the garlic, ginger and chilli and fry in a deep pan or wok for 3 minutes.
2. Chop and add the chicken, frying for another 5 minutes before adding the onions.
3. Chop the pepper and trim the edges of the beans before adding them to the wok too.
4. Add the curry paste, coconut milk and nigella seeds, cover and leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
5. In this time you can get the rice ready. Add the rice to an excess of boiling water and leave boiling for 10-15 minutes stirring frequently to ensure the rice does not stick to the base of the pan.
6. Once the rice is done, drain it in a colander.
7. Add the chopped coriander just before you serve.
Note: Best served with mango chutney.