In the Scene logoAs the weather improves (slightly!), it’s time to look ahead to the Spring trends of 2014. Here’s my pick of the hottest high street trends for this season!

1. Gingham 

www.urbanoutfitters.com

£20, www.urbanoutfitters.com

No longer just the print of primary school summer dresses, gingham has definitely grown up! The cute check-print can be found in many High Street stores including Urban Outfitters, Topshop and Primark. Combine a chic black polo-neck top and loafers with these gingham trousers from Urban Outfitters for a 60s inspired look. They’re now in the sale at just £20 – grab them while you can!

2. Co-ords 

www.missselfridge.com

£35, www.missselfridge.com

Co-ords have been making an occasional appearance in High Street summer collections but this year they’re back – and bigger than ever!  Primark has a range of cute matching jacket and short sets to suit every budget. They’re not only the perfect elegant Spring outfit but also a great investment buy – you can use the two pieces to create endless outfit combinations. Miss Selfridge has a beautiful mint green two piece currently instore which is perfect for nights out and formal occasions!

3. Chunky Sandals

www.urbanoutfitters.com

£65, www.urbanoutfitters.com

Recently seen at Stella Mccartney, chunky platform shoes are everywhere this season! They’re perfect for adding a grunge touch to any look. Team with denim shorts and a crochet crop top when the sun arrives and, until then, wear with a printed smock dress and cosy, chunky cardigan. Check out Urban Outfitters, Topshop and New Look for the best selection of platform footwear.

4. Luxe Jewellery 

£10, www.riverisland.com

£10, www.riverisland.com

Statement necklaces have been a High Street staple for the past few seasons, but statement jewellery of all kinds is making an appearance in our favourite highstreet stores. Perfect for brightening up any outfit and just so pretty, statement jewels are an affordable way of updating your current wardrobe for the new season. Miss Selfridge, New Look and River Island all have a great selection of statement jewellery sure to make you look and feel fabulous!

Will you be dipping into any of these trends this season? Which is your favourite? 

More articles in In The Scene (Fashion Column)
  1. In The Scene: What to Wear on a Night Out in Southampton
  2. 6 Ways to get your Best Ever Wardrobe in 2013!
  3. Candy Crush : A/W Pastels
  4. Christmas 2013: Menswear Trends
  5. Autumn/Winter 2013: The High Street Top Ten
  6. Party Picks for Southampton This Season!
  7. Trends of 2013: The Top 5
  8. My Favourite UK Fashion Bloggers
  9. Southampton University Fashion and Style Society Celebrates its First Birthday
  10. The Top High Street Trends of Spring 2014