A tasty classic that everyone will love! And leftovers are great with wraps, jacket potatoes and spaghetti!
Cost: £5.84 (£0.97 per portion)
Prep and cooking time: 45 minutes
2 white onions, chopped
2 cloves of garlic
1 carrot, chopped
2 sticks of celery, chopped
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp chilli powder (or to taste)
1 400ml tin of chopped tomatoes
1 can of kidney beans
1 tsp Worcester sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp plain flour
450g Basmati rice
1. Chop the onions and garlic and fry in a pan for 3 minutes until the onions are clear
2. Add the carrots and celery and cook for another 3 minutes.
3. Add the spices, making sure the vegetables are thoroughly coated.
4. Add the mince and brown off for 5 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes, kidney beans, Worcester sauce, sugar and flour and season.
6. Let the chilli cook for a good 20-30 minutes, stirring every so often.
7. In this time you can cook the rice and get started on some washing up!
Note: great served with sour cream or cheese.