This incredibly easy recipe really packs a punch. Whip out this chicken dish and it is sure to impress!
Cost: £8.04 (£1.34 per portion)
Prep and cooking time: 45 minutes (plus marinade time)
600g chicken breast, cubed
4 tbsp mango chutney
2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
2 tbsp olive oil
600g new potatoes, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
pinch of salt
500g curly kale, shredded
1. Marinade the chicken in the mango chutney, mustard and 1 tbsp of olive oil as far in advance as possible. Overnight is ideal, but even an hour will be fine.
2. Place the chicken in a roasting tin, ceramic dish, or similar and cook at 200 degrees for 35 minutes.
3. In this time, boil the potatoes in water for around 20 minutes, until easily jabbed with a fork.
4. You can also fry the kale in the oil, garlic and salt in this time, although this takes only a few minutes, so could be reserved for once everything else is ready for the table.
5. Remove the chicken from the oven (it should be a beautiful golden colour and slightly crispy on top by now).
Note: you do not have to use chicken breast for this recipe, thighs and legs work just as well and are usually cheaper.