If you’ve secured an internship over the holidays, it doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice your personal style! Here are some styling ideas for internships this summer.

Hairstyles

Image via Pinterest.com

Image via Pinterest.com

Keep hair smart, fuss free and out of the way with a chic updo. Some styles can be mastered within minutes so you don’t have to wake up hours in advance just to get ready! Have a look on Youtube and Pinterest for hair tutorials and more inspiring ideas.

Shirts and Blouses 

£25.99, Zara

£25.99, Zara

Shirts and blouses are a must for any work wear or smart wardrobe, but smart doesn’t have to be boring! The High Street shops are full of cute blouses this season. Make yours stand out with subtle details such as lace inserts, scalloped edging or a pretty collar. If appropriate to the company or organisation you’re working with, don’t be afraid to experiment with colours and prints.

River Island, £25

River Island, £25

If you’re working on a long internship, consider buying shirts in a similar spectrum of colours (such as white, cream and pastel colours) so that you can mix and match a small number of garments to create many unique looks. If you’re on a budget, Primark is a great destination for simple but pretty blouses that won’t break the bank.

Skirts and Dresses

River Island, £35

River Island, £35

If your internship takes place in mid summer, it’s likely (hopefully!) that the weather will be HOT! You need to be comfortable in the heat and so skirt and dresses can be the perfect option for staying cool. Warehouse has some beautiful dresses that are perfect for internships – and they offer a student discount! The Peter Pan collar on this River Island dress is a cute detail and the navy colour ensures that you will still look smart.

Prints and Patterns 

Oasis, £35

Oasis, £35

Depending on the company you’re going to work for, you may have a bit more freedom with your work wardrobe. If this is the case, you can try out prints in different ways! A pair of smart printed statement trousers teamed with a simple blouse make a unique and elegant look. For printed trousers, browse Topshop, Oasis and Warehouse, which all have good selections.

Shoes 

Ballet shoes, £18, boohoo.com

Ballet shoes, £18, boohoo.com

Comfort is key, especially if you have a long commute! Androgynous brogues and loafers add edge to any outfit and won’t hurt your toes! If you’re sticking to dresses and skirts, simple ballet flats allow you to look elegant and are practical too.

Have you got any work wear or intenship style tips? What will you be wearing for your internship this summer? Let us know!