A Romantic Stroll Down Lovers Walk: Nothing says ‘I think I like like you’ like being run down by cyclists on the dangerous walkway that has featured so many times in our breaking news stories. Why not hold hands as you fend off potential muggers? You never forget your first time pepper spraying a local thug.

Image by Sasha Spaid

Image by Sasha Spaid

A Picnic in the Library: Want to go on a date, but still need to study for those all-important first year assessments? Why not bring your date to the library? Just like a restaurant, you’ll have to wait for a clear table and nothing says ‘I think this might be leading somewhere’ like sitting in silence on Level 5. You don’t even have to bother with fancy food; levels 4 and 5 are bottled water only!

Image by Sasha Spaid

Image by Sasha Spaid

A Traffic Light Party: Feel like your date won’t be awkward enough? Head down to one of the many traffic light parties that will inevitably be on or just make your own! Nothing says ‘I think we should make this Facebook official’ like having to wear red to tell everyone your have no reason to be there. If you want to spice things up, why not chuck on some orange and let everyone know that just because you’re on a date, doesn’t mean you’re not an attention seeker.

Image by Sasha Spaid

Image by Sasha Spaid

Classy Date in Jesters: Confused on where to go after dinner? Want to go out, but spent too much money on a Sprinkles waffle to pay for a cab to Bedford Place? Why not pop down to the Palace of Dreams and make your date’s wildest dreams a reality. Nothing says ‘I’m ready to tell my parents about you’ like coating your crisply ironed shirt or sparkly new heels with Jesters’ Tradmark Grime. You can even share a moment on the Twobicle!

Visit the Docks: Want to watch the sunset from the docks? Be sure to bring your wire cutters because this hot spot is V.I.P. only. Nothing says ‘I know we aren’t even in our twenties, but I think you’re the one’ like having the view blocked by freight carriers and cranes, with the sound of love being interrupted by the dulcet tones of a P&O Ferry. Failing that, you could always go to the NOC café and stare at the marina and realise those yachts are more of a dreamboat that you’ll ever be.

Failing all that, you could always propose at Freshers’ Ball…