Police have charged a man with 21 burglaries of houses in a Student area of Southampton.

The burglaries mainly targeted student properties in the Polygon Area of Southampton, where a large population of Southampton Solent students live. The investigation, Operation Saxon, has also found links to other burglaries in Bitterne and Portswood – both areas that house students from the University of Southampton.

Three people have been arrested in connection with the burglaries so far, with two having now been charged.

Jason Geddes, 35 from Steep Close, Southampton has been charged with 21 burglaries and 1 count of handling stolen goods.  He will appear before the Crown Court on Monday, December 10 following an appearance at Southampton Magistrates court earlier this week.

Andrew Stone, 46 of Adelaide Road, Southampton has been charged with two counts of handling stolen goods. He will appear before Southampton Magistrates on Friday, December 7.

The investigation continues into a number of other burglaries in the Polygon area.

Police advise that residents remember to lock doors and windows at night to minimise the chance of becoming a victim to burglars.

You can also register expensive items at www.immobilise.com which could help you get them back if they are stolen and later recovered.