The Talking Heads Burgled

The Talking Heads  was the victim of a burglary on Sunday, December 16.

The Talking Heads on Portswood Road

The pub and live music venue on Portswood Road was broken into between 4.30am and 2pm after the rear fire door was forced open. The front window was also broken but staff are unsure whether the thieves broke in or hid and waited until management locked up. An empty safe, a large bag of coins and £300 cash in a till were taken.

The Talking Heads was recently saved from closure and was hosting a night of live music called ‘Doubles B Day Bash’ on Saturday night. The line-up included Jayline and Flyte, Ian Dee and Foxtrot playing from 7pm until 3am. The event ended with a brawl outside the venue.

Southampton police are appealing for any information regarding the incident. The till that was stolen is clearly marked with two Talking Heads stickers, which are distinctive and recognisable.

Anyone who heard or saw suspicious or unusual activity, or who finds the stolen till, should contact PC Hayley Wickens at Portswood on 101 or anonymously through the Crimestoppers charity line on 0800 555 111.

I come from South West London and am studying English at Southampton. I am interested in journalism and considering it as a career after my degree. I have interests in Sports and Music and have written for a sports magazine called Sportsister before. I am keen to get involved in as much as possible whilst at Uni and writing about my experiences could be a very rewarding thing. :)