the edge and east parkPolice are appealing for witnesses after an 18 year old woman was sexually assaulted early in the morning of Saturday, December 29, in East Park, Southampton.

The 18 year old was walking home from a night out when she walked through East Park at around 4am on the morning of the 29th. A man approached her and started talking to her. He then sexually assaulted her.

After she managed to push him away, he followed her to the Edge Nightclub in St Mary’s Road where she sought help and he stopped following her.

Police have issued an E-fit of the man

Police have issued an E-fit of the man

The Police have issued an E-fit of the man.

He is described as: White, in his 30s, 5ft 6ins tall, and of average build. He had a round face, light skin, was bald, and had a smallish eyes and a prominent nose and a small head. He spoke English with a foreign accent.

Detective Victoria Boddy said:

While this kind of incident remain relatively rare in our city. We would always advise people to avoid walking through an dark or lonely areas on their own at night and stick to well lit pavements where there are other people around where possible.

I would like to hear from anyone who witnessed any of this incident or saw the man with the woman around 4am. I’d also like to hear from anyone who thinks the recognise the man from the efit or his description.

Anyone who witnessed the incident or has information is urged to either call DC Boddy at Shirley CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111