The dates for the 2014 SUSU Spring Elections have been announced.

Nominations will be open from Friday 7th February at 12pm and will close on Monday 17th February.

Voting will be between Monday 24th and Friday 28th February (week 22) and the results will be announced on Friday at a special Results Night ceremony, starting at 7pm in the Cube.

unnamed

David Martin, Vice-President for Democracy & Creative Industries and Deputy Returning Officer for the elections, said:

I’m really excited to be able to release the dates for these elections – they’re the best opportunity for students to get involved in running their Union every year and we’re looking forward to the 2014 elections being bigger and better than before.

This year, we’re also focusing on students from under-represented backgrounds and trying to push how easy it is to run – there will be lots more information about this soon.”

There are over 70 positions available to run for in this election comprising of seven full-time (sabbatical) positions and 63 part-time positions – Student Leaders, student trustees and Union Councillors.

More information on the positions available can be found on the SUSU website.

Watch the video below for the main highlights of last year’s SUSU Elections 2013:

Download Video from YouTube | Convert to MP3

The Wessex Scene will keep you updated when more information about the elections is released in the New Year.