SUSU will be holding a Housing Fayre this Friday, 10th January, giving students the opportunity to find out everything that there is to know about getting and finding quality student housing.

The day will include:

• Workshops on housing contracts
  • A drop in with Advice Centre Staff
  • Sessions to make sure you know your housemates will fit
  • Information about locations, utilities, insurance, etc.
  • Updates about the SUSU Letting Agency

For students at Highfield campus, the Fayre will be on the SUSU Concourse from 10am-5pm. For students in Winchester, it will be in the Café from 11am-3pm.

There is no need to spend all day at the event. However, students are encouraged to  drop by whenever they have a few moments spare.

housing dont rush

Union President, David Gilani said of the upcoming event:

“After some great success in our “Don’t Rush” campaign, this is the perfect next step for students. From resources online at www.susu.org/housing to this Fayre, we want to make sure that students know their rights and get student housing that they are happy with.”

Last year, 64% of students felt pressured into signing for a contract by Letting Agencies. The Housing Fayre follows from SUSU’s recent “Don’t Rush” campaign, which aimed to help all students understand that there is no need to rush for housing.

The campaign saw over 250 students pledge not to rush, attracted support from three Southampton MPs as well as drawing attention from five of Southampton’s worst rated letting agencies, who promised to stop pressuring students.

Don’t forget to turn up to the housing fayre this Friday, 10th January. For more information on student housing, please visit www.susu.org/housing