Police are investigating after a 20-year-old Danish student was mugged the St Mary’s area of Southampton.

The victim was walking through the underpass from New Road to St Mary’s Road just after 7.30pm on Monday, 20th January, 2014, when she was approached from behind. The student was pushed causing her to stumble and a black Iphone 5 was snatched from her hand. The male suspect then ran off towards Six Dials.

He is described as:
  • Black.
  • Slim build.
  • 18-20 years old.
  • 5ft 7ins tall
  • Wearing dark clothing and baggy dark hooded top.

PC Chris Orr who is investigating said: “The victim is on a year long exchange in Southampton and was returning from the gym at the time of this mugging. I’d like to hear from anyone that regularily uses the underpass and who may have seen the suspect in the area.

Orr also warned: “To avoid similar incidents, please be aware of your suroundings. Please be vigiliant from opportunitistic thieves who are willing to resort to acts of violence in order to steal property.”

Anyone with any information is asked to contact PC Chris Orr on 101 or via the website www.hampshire.police.uk/internet/contact/message_officer.htm

You can also call the charity Crimestoppers line on 0800 555 111 where information can be left anonymously.

Minicom users should call 01962 875000.

One Comment »

• Machiavelli

Why would she live in St Marys?

Sounds like she was led to believe St Marys was a safe area, which it isnt. So she got mugged !

Shouldnt be news