SUSU Announce Grad Ball Ticket Price Reduction

SUSU has announced that the price of every Graduation Ball ticket will be reduced to £39, however also ensure that not a penny less will be spent on the forthcoming event.

Graduation Ball tickets previously cost £49, which has been the same for previous years.

[quote align=”center” name=”David Gilani” role=”Union President”]”As a charity, when students spend more in SUSU’s commercial areas, we’re then able to reinvest this surplus into funding other activities or lowering the costs to our members. In this instance, we’ve made the decision that graduating students would most benefit from a direct reduction in the price of the Grad Ball. “[/quote]

SUSU will gradually release more information about the night (such as acts, drink deals and themes) from now up until tickets are released (3rd March).  A breakdown of the Graduation Ball budget will also be made available, in order to show students where their money is being spent.

Students on a tight budget will be able to benefit from the return of the split-payment system, which permits students to pay £20 for their ticket this term and  the remaining £19 later in the year.

The Graduation Ball will be held on Monday 9th June 2014. For more information please visit: . The Wessex Scene will update as soon as more information is released.

News Editor for the Wessex Scene 2013 - 2015. I lead the news section, consistently providing the website with up-to-date news content. I am experienced in researching, reporting, writing and editing breaking news stories.