An 18-year-old estate agent was repeatedly stabbed while heading to work on Portswood on the morning of Wednesday 12th.

The young man, who was on his way to work at Property Vibe on Portswood Road, was said to have sustained knife wounds to his arms and buttocks shortly after 9am. His attackers are believed to have approached him at the entrance of the building, covering their faces with scarves.

Ben Watts, manager of Property Vibe which specializes in Student Lettings, told The Daily Echo that he “couldn’t believe it happened at that time of the morning”. He believed that his colleague was in a state of shock, commenting:

“It seemed like adrenalin was kicking in.”

South Central Ambulance Service have confirmed that an ambulance was called to an address in Portswood road where a man had sustained stab wounds to his arms and legs. He was taken to receive hospital treatment for his injuries and was released for home recovery with 40 stitches, and is now recovering at home.

The surrounding community, later, spoke of their shock, including landlord of The Gordon Arms, David Stoner. He said:

“It has shocked me that it happened on my doorstep.”

Police are appealing for anyone who has any information about the incident or suspects; who were described as black and wearing beanie hats, and urges them to contact Bitterne CID on 101.

2 Comments »

• Gary smith

The guy who got stabbed is related to the 4 taxi drivers who had the brawl at Dorchester arms pub.. The 4 taxi drivers and the guy who got stabbed are just trouble. There all roaths.. Roaths = trouble

• gdr

Sadly, it is no news anymore.