The University of Southampton’s art campus, Winchester School of Art (WSA), will be throwing open its doors to the public next week for the annual Summer Degree Show in order to celebrate and showcase the creative talents of its undergraduate students.

The Degree Show is free for all to attend and opens on Monday 16th June until Sunday 22nd June. However, there will be a private viewing on the evening of Wednesday 18th June.

The Degree Show will see the Winchester campus in Park Avenue transform from the usual vibrant hub for creative ideas, to a huge gallery of diverse, challenging and exciting final year work from students of fine art, fashion and textile design, and graphic arts.

wsa

Click to zoom in for exhibition times.

Head of School Ed D’Souza says:

“The Summer Degree Show is more than just a celebration of the end of students’ study at WSA, it’s also an important showcase of talent that has been nurtured and developed over the last three years.

“Events at WSA and in London mean that WSA students are promoted to multiple audiences, not only friends and family, but also importantly to a wider public and the creative industries who are looking to spot and employ the stars of the future.”

Among the exhibits this year are vibrant fashion designs fresh from the School’s London catwalk show, textile prints made using the very latest industry technology and some visually stunning video installations. Visitors are also urged to look out for an 80s style video game console which explores the theme of midlife crisis and also, lurking unexpectedly among the art work, a human sized bug-like creature.

Exhibit 'Bug' by 21-year-old Mirium Gray for this year's Summer Degree Show at WSA.

Exhibit ‘Bug’ by 21-year-old Mirium Gray for this year’s Summer Degree Show at WSA.

Winchester School of Art was recently rated in the top ten for its fine art, graphics, fashion and textiles programmes in the Guardian university leagues table 2015. The School’s annual Degree Show is one of the largest exhibitions of student art and design in the South, demonstrating the creativity of hundreds of young people from both the UK and abroad.

For more information on WSA’s Art Shows please visit the Facebook page or follow the hashtag on Twitter  #wsashows2014