A female body has been found close to a bin area by refuse workers on Millbrook Road East.

In a statement issued by Hampshire Constabulary, refuse workers found the body at 8.34am this morning, June 23. Police arrived shortly after to cordon a section of Millbrook Road East between Bourne Road and Edith Haisman Close. The statement reads: ‘the death is being treated as unexplained’ and a postmortem examination is due to take place.

Police officers and forensic investigators are on the scene conducting an investigation. There is also currently an ambulance crew to remove the body and fire fighters are present. Officers enquired employees if any of them had seen anything during the weekend.

IMmillbrook body 3203

Photo Credit: The Daily Echo

An employee of a shop on the street expressed her worries as ‘it’s the second time in a week or so’ for lots of police to be around in the area. Another worker within the cordon also said it was ‘shocking’ and that the event is ‘upsetting’. A nearby resident, Kate Tasak, told the Daily Echo she had ‘never seen anything like this’ during her three years of residency in the area. The same concern is shared by Debbie Wilson, who has lived in the area for 15 years and now feels ‘vulnerable and unsafe’.

According to the Daily Echo, this is the second time in 10 days that there has been a large police presence in the street. On 13th June, Belinda Delby was murdered at a hostel, although both incidents remain unlinked.

The Wessex Scene will keep you updated as more information becomes available.