Bar 3 in the Students’ Union building has undergone a complete Hollywood-themed redesign, ready for the wave of new students next month.

The previous thoroughfare has been transformed into a destination space, with the area now sporting a stylish black and white checkered floor as well as American diner-style seating.

This latest stage of refurbishment will provide excellent value for money and will also introduce an expanded range of food options with healthier products and vegan alternatives.

unnamed (2)

A sneak peak of the Hollywood themed area of Level 3.

The entrance to Union Films has also been refurbished and will now feature exciting ‘hero’-themed memorabilia from blockbuster films – including the original Full Size Harvey SFX Model from the movie Sunshine. This figure cost £26k to make and was sold to the movie studio before being taken back on commission.

Other movie memorabilia on display includes:

• A Chris Rock screen Used Sweatshirt from the movie Head of State
  • James Caviezels bear hunt sword from the movie Outlander
  • Terry Crews’ slayer shirt from the movie Gamer
  • A stunt Faun arrow and Hero Faun Arrow from the movie The Chronicles of Narnia
  • Ewan McGregor’s US Combat Vest from the movie Black Hawk Down
  • A Flack vest screen worn by Jamie Foxx from the movie The Kingdom
  • Jim Carrey’s stunt Police helmet from the movie Me, Myself and Irene
  • Orlando Bloom’s Helmet and Goggles from the movie Black Hawk Down
Some of the movie memorabilia on show in the newly renovated part of Level 3 in SUSU.

Talking about the refurbishment, Union President David Mendoza-Wolfson said:

“The refurbishment of Bar 3 not only breathes new life into level 3 but also allows us to increase the choice students have when looking for somewhere to eat…It will also help take pressure off our other very popular commercial services. The area is distinctive, unlike anywhere else on campus and is a fantastic social space.”

The newly-renovated Bar 3 area will be completed in time for Freshers’ Week 2014 in September. There will be an exclusive ticketed grand opening featuring live music, cocktail flaring and VIP guests.