Blog Archives

An Assault on Democracy? – a Response

VP Academic Affairs Sasha Watson presents the case of the Sabbs with regard to the NUS referendum.

Posted in News, NUS Referendum 2012, Opinion, Politics | Tagged , , , | 41 Comments

SUSU Announce Date For Forthcoming NUS Referendum

To NUS Or Not NUS; that is the question that will be greeting Southampton University’s student body on the 6th December this year. With many pro and cons, many opinions and different ideas, it will be an interesting few months. Let the debate begin!

Posted in News, NUS Referendum 2012, Politics | Tagged , , , | 15 Comments

An Assault On Democracy? – Sabbs & Their NUS Plans

With the news that four Sabbatical Officers will involved in ‘Yes to NUS’ campaigning, Alexander Green examines whether this is a fair and ethical practice by elected representatives…

Posted in News, NUS Referendum 2012, Opinion, Politics | Tagged , , , | 44 Comments

University of Surrey Students’ Union Keeps NUS Affiliation

In the build-up to SUSU NUS Referendum, the Wessex Scene looks at other University’s NUS decisions; on Friday, the University of Surrey decided to keep their Union’s affiliation

Posted in News, NUS Referendum 2012, Politics | Tagged , | Leave a comment

Q&A with NUS President Liam Burns at Campus This Evening

Ahead of the NUS Referendum, NUS President Liam Burns will be taking questions from both those voting Yes and No.

Posted in News, NUS Referendum 2012 | Tagged | 10 Comments

Q&A With NUS President Liam Burns – Live Blog

A Question & Answer Session with NUS President Liam Burns – Live

Posted in News, NUS Referendum 2012, Politics | Tagged , | 4 Comments

‘No’ NUS Affiliation For St Andrews Students’ Association

Students at the University of St. Andrews have voted over three to one in favour of keeping their Students’ Association unaffiliated to the NUS

Posted in NUS Referendum 2012, Politics | Tagged , , , | 4 Comments

NUS Who?

The NUS… What is it? Helen van Riel, Alexander Green and Tom Durham give the run-down of all you need to know for the upcoming Referendum

Posted in Magazine, NUS Referendum 2012, Politics | Tagged , , , | 3 Comments

Debates, votes and results: An NUS Referendum Timetable

Still not sure what Referendum is? Not sure which way to vote? Never fear; here are a series of debates that can help you learn about the upcoming NUS Referendum on 6th December

Posted in NUS Referendum 2012, Politics | Tagged , , , , , , | 3 Comments

Say No To NUS

The NotoNUS Team explains why you should vote No to NUS affiliation on December 6th!

Posted in Magazine, NUS Referendum 2012, Opinion | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment