Brazil have suffered a monstrous defeat to Germany, losing 1-7 in the World Cup Semi-Finals.

Germany triumph over Brazil Image Credit: Daily Mail

Germany triumph over Brazil
Image credit: Daily Mail

Brazil were utterly outclassed by their German opponents, with the Germans taking full advantage of the absence of two of Brazil’s star players, Neymar and Thiago Silva.

From the beginning of the match Brazil looked out of sorts, with their positioning and general play being poor and below the standard of their previous performances. This resulted in dire punishment, with the Germans scoring 5 goals within the first 30 minutes of play. The goals came from Thomas Müller, Miroslav Klose, Toni Kroos and Sami Khedira.

With his 16th goal in the World Cup finals, this evening saw Miroslav Klose become the record scorer in World Cup history, ahead of Brazilian Ronaldo.

Miroslav Klose scores his record breaking 16th World Cup goal Image credit: Daily Mail

Miroslav Klose scores his record breaking 16th World Cup goal
Image credit: Daily Mail

As the match progressed, the embarrassment continued for Brazil, as both the sixth and seventh goals were scored by André Schürrle. This humiliation was heightened for Brazil towards the end of the match as the Brazilian fans could be heard cheering for the German side with every pass they made.

Brazil had some consolation with Oscar’s late goal in the 90th minute to deny Germany their clean sheet, but this was utterly pointless in their attempts to rival the ruthless German side.

With this outstanding victory, Germany will go on to face the winner of the highly anticipated match between the Netherlands and Argentina which takes place tomorrow in São Paulo. The World Cup Final takes place on Sunday 13th July in the Estádio Maracanã in Rio de Janeiro.