Winchester School of Art Students Present ‘The Fashion Event 2014: Careers in the Fashion Industry’

The Fashion Marketing /Management programme will welcome key individuals from across the fashion industry to talk about roles and careers in fashion promotion / PR, fashion buying, retail management, fashion market research and digital fashion marketing. Speakers include high profile members of the industry such as Matthew Zorpas of thegentlemenblogger.com, senior HR professionals from the NEXT head office team, Marco Pedroni (author and fashion researcher) and fashion buyer Jane Brockbank.

Screen Shot 2014-02-23 at 22.13.02

Also featuring as part of the event, our very own level 2 Fashion Marketing /Management students deliver a trend presentation on ‘Macro Trends for 2014/15’. This trend presentation will give the audience a first hand appreciation of the transferable skills for employment taught on the fashion marketing / management programme.

Programme Leader Amanda Bragg-Mollison who launched the annual event in 2012 says; “This event is positioned to highlight the exiting careers available in the fashion industry to prospective students, as well as promote our existing student cohort. The innovative fashion marketing /management programme balances business and creativity; as such our students are well placed to gain employment as the economy becomes more reliant on creative thinkers to compete in many sectors operating within new and fast changing business models of the ‘Creative Economy’. We have had amazing feedback from industry about the programme to date, and we continue to push the boundaries to meet the needs of the industry, and to support our students get the roles they want when they leave”

The West Side building of the Winchester School of Art

THE FASHION EVENT is one of the most anticipated Winchester events this year. This annual event is recognized and supported by the UK fashion industry, Winchester and Southampton communities and fashion media.

The event will run from 13.00-17.00 in Lecture Theatre A / Westside Gallery, at the Winchester School of Art, and will close with a drinks reception in the Westside Gallery featuring an exhibition of Fashion Marketing / Management creative marketing work.

Over the next few days Wessex Scene will be interview some of the students behind THE FASHION EVENT to find out how events like this are becoming more and more important in order to link students with future employers and giving them a taste of what’s to come in their professional lives in one of the most competitive industries there is.