What the heck is going on: Friday 28th

0

Still going Freshers? Not even a full week in and still so much more to go! Wessex Scene has the low-down on what’s going on and what’s not to be missed!

Freshers’ Fayre (10am-3pm): Bring a bag! One of the best events of Freshers’ Fortnight is here. SO much free stuff being willingly handed out from local services, entertainment and well-known brands. Even if you never speak of them again, just head down for all the giveaways! Who can deny free Dominoes?

Football Club Trials (10am-2pm): Want to be part of the Men’s Football team? Head down to Wide Lane to take part in either the 10am or 1pm trials. Bring £3 for facilities hire and then simply take the U1A to the airport, where someone will lead the way. Anyone is welcome to have a go, so why not get involved?

Archers Road Book Club (8pm-10pm): If you like to read or just like people who do, pop down to Romero JCR to meet some people, talk about books and maybe get some recommendations.

Archers Road Sun, Sea & Foam (8pm-Midnight): Archers Bar transforms for this beach party, complete with waves of foam. Get out your trunks; you will get wet!

Chamberlain and Glen Eyre Old School Games Night (6:30pm-8:30pm): You bring the snacks, they’ll bring the games. After all, there’s no school like old school!

Highfield Tea & Cake Session (8pm-10pm): After so many great events, why not take a night off and head to the dining room JCR for some treats to help the aches and tiredness.

Erasmus Park Friday Nights (10pm-2am): Head down to the Winchester Union for the regular student night, featuring resident video DJ. The only place to be on a Friday night.

SUSU Nightlife featuring Chris Stark (10pm-2am): Friday Nights are back! Head down to the Cube for this old favourite, with special guest Chris Stark from the Scott Mills Show on BBC Radio 1. Check out this trailer for the planned events this term: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo_A92MLzVU&feature=youtu.be

As always, remember to check http://www.susu.org/fresh/2012/ and your JCR’s facebook pages to get more information on their events. Have a great Freshers’ guys!