What the heck is going on: Saturday 29th?

2

A week ago, some of you lovely lot moved in! What better way to celebrate you anniversary of Student-hood than by taking advantage of what’s going on? And who better to find it out from than us, Wessex Scene?

Sports Taster Day (10am-10pm):Sign up for a sport at Bunfight? Saw one you’d quite like to try? This weekend, visit Highfield or Wide Lane for a taste of Sport at Southampton University. The perfect way to get involved and get active.

Find out more about the two day sports event here: http://www.facebook.com/events/187970894670103/

Orion Point’s Mini Ryder Cup (1pm-5pm): Think yourself a bit of a golfer? Represent your block in this putting battle.

Union Films Presents: How to Train your Dragon (7pm:8:45pm): Fancy a Film? Head down to the grassy area opposite the library to recapture your childhood before lectures start with this animation. Based on a popular children’s book, the film shows the endearing relationship between a boy and his dragon. It’s an outdoor screening, so be sure to bring a warm blanket!

Archers Road and Chamberlain Clash of the Titans @ Glen Bar (8pm-2:30am): In this epic battle that rivals Homer’s Illiad, Chamberlain and Archers Road go head to head to be recorded as legends. Don your togas for the South Hill Spartans, Hartley Grove Herculeans, Gately Grecians and Romero Romans face off.

Connaught Film Night (8pm-11pm): After a hectic week, fancy a quiet night in? Chill out with some films and friends with your JCR in the bar.

Monte’s Mystery Night (8pm-2:30am): The night is in your hands! Vote for your favourite on the Monte JCR Facebook page and choose the event you party for. Make sure you have your say!

Glen Eyre’s Take Me Out (8pm-11pm): No Likey, No Lighty! Head to Glen Cinema Room for their version of the ITV classic, whether you’re looking for mates, love or just a laugh. “Let the bubble see the squeak”.

Bencraft Where’s Wally? (8pm-2am): He shouldn’t be hard to miss with the whole of Bencraft donning the bobble hat, black specs and stripy t-shirt and invading the infamous Jesters.

Orion’s Point Golfer’s Night Out (8pm-2am): Dress in your best golfer gear for a spot of pub golf. Put a whole new meaning to swapping clubs, taking shots and, of course, getting stuck in the bunker. FORE!!!

Private Rented Zoo Night (8pm-2am): In the Jungle, the Private Rented Jungle, NO ONE sleeps tonight! Dress up as an animal and head to Sobar for a wild night out.

Erasmus Park Pyjama Party (10pm-2am): Get dolled up in your best nightie and head down to Winchester Union to part in your PJs. Feather pillows, great music and a lot of fun….unless you sleep naked.

As always, remember to check http://www.susu.org/fresh/2012/ and your JCR’s Facebook pages to get more information on their events. Have a great Freshers’ guys!