Are You A Big Give Champion?

0

Born from one of our weekly volunteer meetings on WHY we fundraise for charity, The Big Give is a week dedicated to making charitable donations as simple as possible for everyone at the University of Southampton. The thought behind it is simple;

Every student can have a positive impact on someone else’s life

The inspiration for The Big Give came from one of our volunteer meetings, what are YOU doing to have a positive impact?

And how is this achieved? The way RAG does everything, you RAISE and you GIVE! Did you know that if every student at the University of Southampton Raised or Gave just £1, we would raise over £20,000? How simple is that? And what if we got staff of the University and Union involved, or local businesses we frequently use? The possibilities are truly immense.

And this is where The Big Give comes in! From the April, 22 onwards, RAG will be hosting a whole week of opportunities that enable you to easily Raise or Give your £1 for charity. Whether it’s taking part in one of our events, doing something sponsored that you feel passionate about, buying some of the products you normally would that includes a donation or even just throwing a £1 coin in a shaker and walking on, we intend to make The Big Give the best and easiest opportunity for every student to have that positive impact on someone else’s life.

The charities we’ll be fundraising for are Southampton Samaritans, Marrow (Anthony Nolan) and WaterAid, all fantastic causes that will benefit immensely from any monetary donation that we can offer.

Did you know:

The Big Give will be a week dedicated to fundraising between 22nd - 28th April
The Big Give will be a week dedicated to fundraising between 22nd – 28th April
  • It costs just £2.29 for a volunteer at Samaritans to answer a call and £3 an email
  • For every £1 donated to Marrow:
    74p goes to help save lives, recruiting donors and providing transplants for people in desperate need
    14p goes towards raising more money, to help do even more for the future
    7p goes towards research to help make transplants even more successful
    4p goes on the education programmes
    1p goes on the governance
  • WaterAid can use a £2 donation for a rainwater collection system, £5 on a locally hand-made pump for a village and just £10 to build a well that reaches water far below the ground

But we need YOUR help

The Big Give is going to an absolutely fantastic week of fundraising, but it will not be possible without the help of an awesome group of volunteers. We need some of you to become our Big Give Champions, (almost like a RAG equivalent to Olympic Gamesmakers!) which will mean you assist in the promotion of the week, advertising how it is you can raise and give your £1 and helping in the running of the week itself. As this is the first year we have run The Big Give, this is a unique opportunity to contribute a positive, long lasting legacy that will undoubtedly have a huge impact on our chosen charities.

To apply to become one of our Big Give Champions, please fill in this google form. You will be hearing from us very shortly as to whether you have secured your place, and we will be inviting you along to a briefing session on the 16th April, where you can find out more about exactly what you will be doing in the run up to the Big Give.

If you have any questions, email us at thebiggivevolunteers@gmail.com