How to Raise Thousands of Pounds for Charity Without Really Trying

1

It’s now coming towards the end of the year and the time to nominate the charities that will benefit from SUSU RAG’s fundraising efforts is upon us!

This year RAG has reached a whole new level of awesome, raising much more money than previous years and engaging lots more students with bigger and better events. The Big Give alone has raised six times more money in a week than anyone can remember. RAG committee has truly outdone itself this year, and I know that next year SUSU RAG will go on to do even more amazing things for our charities in the future.

As it currently stands, the committee will be handing over thousands of pounds to each of our three charities, Southampton Samaritans, Marrow and WaterAid; it has been an absolute pleasure to raise money for such amazing causes. It’s important to bear in mind that all these charities were nominated and voted for by students at this university, so they all have a special place in the heart of someone here.

And now we are offering the chance (again!) for any student at Southampton to raise thousands of pounds for the charity that they feel passionately about! All you have to do is:

1 – Think of a charity (or charities) that you think is awesome and deserves the support of SUSU RAG over the next academic year

2 – Work out whether it is a local, national or international charity

3 – Fill out this form with a bit of details as to why you’ve nominated your charity

4 – Encourage everyone you know to vote for your charity once nominations close

And that’s it!

If you feel strongly about a charity, it’s really important that you nominate them to be one of SUSU RAG’s chosen charities. Our support not only brings in thousands of pounds, but also raises the awareness and understanding of the cause across the students and staff at campus, and even the wider community.

RAG has been continually improving for the last few years and with the popularity of The Big Give will undoubtedly continue to do so. If you’re interested in volunteering as part of a wonderful, dedicated and enthusiastic committee, make sure you get more involved with RAG next year. It has been an utter privilege to be a part of this, and I would wholeheartedly recommend it to any student.

If you’re interested in getting even more involved in RAG next year, join our RAG Team Facebook page  to keep up to date with all our events and how you can contribute.