Our student run charity organisation, RAG, have pulled out all the stops to put on a grand Christmas fair on campus for all students to enjoy.
The fair will take place tomorrow: Tuesday 10th December from 12-8pm, providing all students with an opportunity to get festive and more importantly raise some money!
All funds raised from tomorrows fair will be going towards RAG’s three charities: Wessex Heartbeat, Motor Neurone Disease Association and Medecins Sans Frontieres.
RAG have collaborated with various societies, including Cake Decorating Society, Art Society and Amnesty International to deliver festive food, gifts and live music, which will begin at 4pm.
Publicity and Recruitment committee member, Corrie Jones, told Wessex Scene about putting this event together:
It’s gone really well, it’s been fantastic how many societies have wanted to get involved and it’s a great opportunity for everyone to showcase the amazing work they do as a society!
Here are some of the exciting things that will be happening at tomorrow’s fair, all in the name of charity…
A visit from our friends at Woofability and their golden retriever puppies!
– Cakes stall (run by Cake Decorating Society)
– Arts & Crafts stall (run by Art Society)
– Print artwork by James Ursell
– Christmas nail painting
– Decorate your own gingerbread men
– Decorate your own Christmas baubles
– Music from Surge
– Live music from brass band, Jazzmanix, Daniel Tovey and more
– Mulled wine, mince pies and hot chocolate
– Candy Canes (donated by MSF)
– Krispy Kremes (run by Amnesty International)
– Homemade gifts and charity Christmas cards
– Edward Jefferis and his ‘Pet Rocks’!
– Christmas raffle (prizes including food vouchers for local restaurants)