12 Easy Ways to Make Money Without Getting a Real Job

Are you a couch potato in denial? Or are you simply someone who has already admitted to incurable laziness? If you’re really lazy or simply too scared of committing to a real job, you’ll need a way of earning a little bit of extra money somehow.

Luckily, you’ve clicked your way to the right place. Here are 12 ways you can make some cash without finding yourself in the terrifying, working world.

1. Sell something on Ebay or Etsy

This way, not only will you de-clutter, but you’ll create more space for even more clutter you’ll inevitably collect in the future. You could make something and sell it on Etsy or even take something out of your mum’s wardrobe and sell it as ‘vintage’. Cheeky but foolproof.

2. Become an online tutor 

Use your education whilst you’re still in education. Becoming an online tutor allows you to work from your bedroom and may even help you to revise by relaying the information you have learnt to others. You don’t always have to sign up on a dedicated website either. Advertise your services to friends and family, just make sure it’s worth their money. Don’t fall into the trap of a family discount.

3. Do online surveys

You’re ultimately doing personality quizzes with an advantage: you can earn money. Imagine getting paid for procrastination. Amazing!

4. Review Music

There are so many ways of earning a little bit of extra cash online, some more fun than others. In addition to surveys, you can review music online too. Slicethepie is an international website which pays all those who take part in US Dollars. But, never fear, you will still be able to take part. Get reviewing.

5. Make a YouTube Channel

Use the money you’ve earned from taking surveys to buy yourself a camera that could help you make even more money. You don’t need as many subscribers as the top YouTubers to earn but, at least it isn’t nothing. If you’re scrimping and saving, just enough subscribers will earn you enough to get by.

6. Get paid to do clinical drug trials

If your freshers didn’t turn you into a vegetable, you’re probably healthy enough to sign up to clinical drug trials. Of course, there is a risk involved but probably no less of a risk than a night out at Jesters.

7. Use Fiverr

Fiverr is a website where you can sell your skills by doing odd jobs for others from home. These include translating, writing or designing web pages.  The possibilities of what you can do on Fiverr are huge. It doesn’t take much time out of your day and it’s something else you can do from the comforts of your duvet.

8. Recycle your old mobile phone

Websites such as Mazuma offer you money for your old phones. The sooner you send it off, the more valuable your phone will be.

9. Rent out your car parking space

If you’re living in a student house with a parking space but no one is using the space, why not make the most of it? Websites such as JustPark and YourParkingSpace  allow you to do just this. Make sure you run your money-making plan by your housemates first. They may want a share of the profit.

10. Try your hand at busking

Whilst you need a busking licence in some places (this is worth researching first), you’ll be surprised at how generous the general public are. Any musical talent will be welcomed on a high street. As long as you don’t sound like nails down a blackboard in a lecture theatre when you sing, coins will be tossed your way. I wouldn’t recommend rolling a grand piano down the high street either.

11. Sell your old course books on Amazon Trade-In or simply advertise on the University’s Facebook pages

Clear your head and your bookshelf by selling your old course books to budding new Freshers or even just the year below. You are most likely saving them money as well as yourself, earning cash as well as a warm heart.

12. Lastly…make money by saving money

It is well known that many clubs have discounted or free entry before a certain time. This is something to really consider, especially in first year. As well as this, there are so many ways to save money at university… but that’s another article.

Wessex Scene Editor 2016-17 and Features Editor 2015-2016. History Student, Blog writer (http://emeraldalice.blogspot.co.uk/) and traveller. Student Brand Ambassador for the i Paper 2015-2016. Tea lover, cat enthusiast. @Alicetotheskies