Introducing Treat Yo’Self Tuesday

0

If Parks and Recs fans know know one thing, its that Treat Yo Self day is the best day of the year. It’s not Christmas, not your birthday, not the end of exams – but the day where you can get mimosas and massages.

Student life is tough, and if you’re a finalist, really tough. The stresses of good grades, looking good, money, love life, time- management, social life, love life,  CV-building and the – uh – future is shit. It’s really no surprise that mental health issues and stresses are so high amongst the student population.

So, here at Wessex Scene, we’ve started a new initiative. Every Tuesday we’ll be bringing you a new way to Treat Yo’ Self. So, sit back, make a cup of tea and look after yourself – to misquote a famous drag queen, “if you can’t treat yo’self, how the hell yo’ gonna treat anyone else”.

Now, first up is an important one. The Easter weekend is over, hopefully you spent the weekend gorging on chocolate and avoiding writing your dissertation or finishing that problem set. But it’s Tuesday, so you need to treat yo’self.

Here are 5 ways to Treat Yo’self this Tuesday:

1. If you’re not full up on Easter chocolate, get yourself over to Groupon, get your housemates together and venture down to Portswood for a £3.95 Scoops breakfast. 

Treat yourself to our range of scrumptious waffles! You know you want to! #scoopitup #scoopsgelato #regram from @rita_yu_z

A photo posted by Scoops Gelato (@scoopsgelato_uk) on

2. If you’re not back in Southampton yet, take your parents, siblings, nan or grandad down to your local Wyevale Garden Centre for a £10 afternoon tea. 

3. If you want to burn of those Easter calories, get yourself a £1 Active Nation pass, where you can spend the whole day gymming and swimming – for £1!

4. If you’re graduating, and you think you’re gonna miss your pals – drive up to the New Forest and make yourself look beautiful with this £13 family photoshoot. That’s a 94% discount.

5. Get a massage. There are loads of great places to get a massage in Southampton, but this deal is excellent – £16 for a 45 minute sport massage.

More articles in TYO Tuesday
  1. Treat Yo Self Tuesday – the Second Instalment
  2. Introducing Treat Yo’Self Tuesday

Editor 2015-16. Politics Editor 2014-15. Third year Politics and Economics student, I've written for every section but primarily write politics, opinion and news pieces. I also write for The Edge, Kettle Mag, The National Student, The Student Times and the Independent and do lots of work with Surge Radio.