With graduation just around the corner, a lot of finalists are starting to realise it’s time to grow up and be a real adult. Here are some ideas to make that transition into the real world that little bit easier.
- You need to chase your dream. A wise man once said, you’ve gotta be young, scrappy and hungry. Go for that dream job now, don’t waste time.
2. Pay attention to your mental health. This is so important, the stress and anxiety people realise when leaving Uni can be overwhelming. Make time for mindfulness.
3. Travel lots. Do it while you’re young.
4. Learn to cook. If you haven’t already done this at Uni, learn to cook some basic meals beyond beans on toast.
5. Make time for family
6. Make time for your friends
7. Make time for yourself
8. Get out of bed. Don’t waste time. http://gty.im/72444531
9. Eat healthy but also eat what you like. Being healthy is so important, but don’t force yourself to have a kale smoothie for breakfast if the taste makes your toes curl. Find healthy choices you like, then it won’t feel like a chore.
10. INDULGE. Being healthy doesn’t mean you can’t have cake when you want to. http://gty.im/167100264
11. Be sensible with money http://gty.im/109471093
12. Wake up early
13. Get out your comfort zone. Life begins at the end of your comfort zone. Get out, explore, break barriers.
14. Speak to someone new
15 Step away from your phone, and get away from technology.
16.TREAT YO’SELF. It’s so important.
17. Look after yourself
18. Cut out toxic people. You’re not going to stay friends with everyone from Uni, and you shouldn’t want to either.
19. Realise online friends aren’t real friends
20. Realise you’re going to lose some friends
21. Never stop learning. Take a class, read, don’t let you’re education stop at the end of your degree.
22. Broken relationships are not worth it. Don’t waste time while you’re young.
23. Work out. Get your fitness up while you’re young.
24. Have fun. Work hard, play hard. Most people are as happy as they choose to be.
25. Realise you can’t have everything. It’s always going to seem like there’s someone else who has a better job, makes better money, and has a better love life than you. Get over it and appreciate what you’ve got.
26. Question everything
27. Don’t settle…but be realistic. Chase your dreams, but work for them too.