The Best Dabs of Graduation 2016

0

Looking through all your wonderful graduation pictures, we discovered a common theme: the Dab. We decided that your strange obsession with this particular move had to be shown to the world. Between all the memorable graduation pictures- from catching Pokemon and falling over to the traditional mortar board throwing- your Dab pictures really stuck out.  

Over 4,800 students at the University of Southampton graduated this year from 13th July to 21st July. Check out our round up of the events here.

This year, the Dab has taken over. If you’ve been living under a rock (or are an Engineering student) for the last year, you might not know what the Dab is.

Wikipedia defines the Dab as:

A dance in which the dancer simultaneously drops the head while raising an arm and the elbow in a gesture that has been noted to resemble sneezing. As a Sports Illustrated article about the phenomenon described the Dab, “The dance is pretty simple; one leans in to their elbow like they’re sneezing.”

As it turns out, this phenomenon is not just a craze amongst 14 year olds. Students love it too. Here are a few of the best Dabs from the University of Southampton Graduation 2016.

Dab in celebration ❤️😂

A photo posted by Connor Ross (@connorross23) on

Pulling out the dab with @paradoxremnant #graduation #dab #smart #gent #dapper

A photo posted by James R Boult (@james_boult) on

Dabuation #uni #got #done #graduation #unigotdone #dab

A photo posted by Charlie Elves (@charlesrdelves) on

Did you dab at your graduation? Tweet us @wessexscene and we’ll give it a cheeky retweet.

Wessex Scene Editor 2016-17 and Features Editor 2015-2016. History Student, Blog writer (http://emeraldalice.blogspot.co.uk/) and traveller. Student Brand Ambassador for the i Paper 2015-2016. Tea lover, cat enthusiast. @Alicetotheskies