Bestival 2017: Food Review

0

Bestival 2017 was held in Lulworth Estate in Dorset and featured a lineup of acts such as The XX, Pet Shop Boys and Dizzee Rascal. Aside from the music, festival food is always a HUGE part of the experience, especially when you tire of eating the Go Ahead bars and Pot Noodles you brought with you. Bestival really packed a punch with their food this year and here I review some of the stalls I came across.

Upon entering the festival, I was starving and wanted something filling but not too greasy or carby. I went and got some barbecue chicken wings which were actually quite disappointing as I felt they could’ve done with some more salt. That being said, I managed to finish them all off whilst I waited in a long queue to get some grilled halloumi from what looked like a very popular Moony’s Halloumi stall; the halloumi did not disappoint! The staff were also very lively and friendly. I also really liked the fact that the packaging was paper and wood and no plastic cutlery or packaging in sight, bar the pot of sauce for my chicken wings.

Credit: Farihah Choudhury
Credit: Farihah Choudhury

When heading to the arena from the campsites there were lots of places that sold breakfast and had everything from full Englishes to Nutella crepes and granola. I caught some snaps of stalls with varying degrees of footfall. I found that the biggest crowds gathered at the Pizza/Pasta stall of which there were at least two stalls in the arena; the Hog Roast stall and the Vegan/Veggie stalls, of which there were also a few scattered around. Over the last few years, festival organisers seem to have become very inclusive of all diet types so there has been a rise of provisions for vegetarians and vegans as well as coeliacs and those who are lactose-intolerant.

Credit: Farihah Choudhury
Credit: Farihah Choudhury

Later that night, we headed to The Feast Collective, a massive marquee full of food from all around the world, as well as hot drinks and desserts! We bought some traditionally Canadian poutine which was heavenly and super filling.

Credit: Farihah Choudhury

Credit: Ellie Hawes via Facebook

Overall, Bestival seemed to be a great place for foodies – four days was not enough to sample all of the delicious cuisines they had on offer!

Sub-editor 2017/18. Third year Biology with Linguistics student. Interested particularly in molecular biology, genetics and brain disease and disorders. Very disposed towards writing about things that haven’t quite been explained yet.