Crazy Golf is Much Better with Cocktails, Who Knew?

0

Credit: Megan Hart

Who would have thought that trying to pass a tiny little ball through a windmill and round a loop the loop into a hole would be so much fun? (Oh, that does actually sound quite fun). From summer afternoon entertainment for children to trendy after work date activity, crazy golf has seen a real surge in popularity over the last few years. As a result, lots of wacky and wonderful crazy golf locations have popped up all over the country and last week I finally got to try the much-hyped Swingers in London.

With Southampton just over an hour’s train ride away from the capital, this would be the perfect place to go for a celebratory day out. Swingers has two indoor locations, one in the City and one near Oxford Circus. At £13 per person for nine holes, this golf course is a little more pricey than your standard one, but then, this isn’t your standard crazy golf. If you didn’t think crazy golf was sophisticated, then think again. The adult-only course is set in the middle of a swanky room surrounded by bars, street food huts and fairy lights. There is a huge range of cocktails to try, and the street food includes delicious-looking burgers, tacos, pizzas and ice creams.

Credit: Megan Hart

Whether it’s an afternoon with the family, a pre-dinner date activity, or a late and boozy one with friends, I would say it is well worth the money, especially if you’re celebrating a special occasion. So if you’re heading to London this summer, or looking for a rainy day activity (or a heatwave day activity for that matter – the air con and break from the sun was so welcome on our visit last week), then definitely check it out. And if you’re nowhere near the capital, don’t panic; here’s Red Bull’s list of the 12 best crazy golf courses in the UK.

Happy Putting!

Third year English Lit and French student on my year abroad in the south of France. Sub-editor at Wessex Scene.