LIVE BLOG: NaSTA Awards

4

Tonight the Wessex Scene is live-blogging the action from the National Student Television Association (NaSTA) Awards ceremony at Loughborough Students’ Union (LSU). SUSUtv are representing the University of Southampton at the event, are nominated in all but two of the categories and will be hoping to bring home some awards back to Southampton! The action starts at 9:15pm, and will be streamed live at nasta.tv.

You can follow all the action from the NaSTA Awards on Twitter at #nasta2011, and you can follow SUSUtv’s personal progress at #susunasta.

[liveblog]

Bit worried by how poor that first choice was. The winner of the best ident was a stop-motion of someone badly writing four letters. Doesn’t bode too well.

Hi,
    As NaSTA chair elect, I just wanted to clear up my comments from the awards night. Obviously the excitement and tension from the night was a little to much for me and the wine was prehaps folowing a little too freely. My aim was to suggest that student television can and should be as high profile as student radio. I know that many stations are ignored by their Students Unions in favour of funding radio or magazines. In Nottingham, I have been fortunate to be able to work on many collaborative projects with both the radio (urn1350.net) and Impact Nottingham.

Student Radio is very important however I don’t want to allow it to overshadow the amazing work that is going on in Student TV, it has grown from strenght to stenght in the past few years and I want to help build on its previous successes.

If you have any question’s don’t hessitate to get in contact at evycrmp1(at)nottingham.ac.uk

Michael Perry
    NaSTA Chair Elect

Sianik Masaitisj

Great info and straight to the point. I don’t know if this is actually the best place to ask but do you folks have any ideea where to employ some professional writers? Thank you 🙂