Armed Police in Search for Attacker after Southampton Stabbing

2

A stretch of Portswood Road has been cordoned off after a man was stabbed on Monday afternoon.

The attack took place on Vanguard Road, Midanbury, before the victim then drove into Portswood where he sought help from the staff of KFC.

Police arrived to the fast food branch at around 4pm. The 28-year-old man was later taken to hospital with serious injuries to his stomach, where he underwent emergency surgery. He is said to now be in a stable condition.

Location of stabbing (A) and the KFC Branch where Police were called to (B). Click for more detail.

Armed police and dog units are out in Portswood as a search for the attacker begins. A knife, believed to have been used in the attack, was recovered from the area.

An eyewitness, speaking to the Daily Echo, said “All of a sudden they closed the road off. Police cars were arriving from all directions in vans and cars. Some had sub-machine guns.”

Detective Inspector Gary Towse from Bitterne CID said: “We’re trying to establish exactly what has happened here and are following a number of lines of enquiry.

Police are appealing for witnesses and information regarding the crime. They can be contacted on 101 or through crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Armed Police outside the Portswood Branch of KFC (by @squeeze18, click for link)