Man Arrested for Midanbury Stabbing

0

A 25-year-old man has been arrested under the suspicion of attempted murder in connection with an incident on Monday in Midanbury, Southampton, which left the victim collapsed in a fast food restaraunt two miles away.

A stretch of pavement was taped off and armed police were out on the streets after being called to the Portswood branch of KFC, where staff reported a stabbing.

But later information gathered by Police found that the 28 year old male – who went under emergency surgery after being knifed in the stomach – was actually attacked in Vanguard Road, Midanbury and then drove to Portswood.

The victim is now recovering in hospital.

Location of stabbing (A) and the KFC Branch where Police were called to (B). Click for more detail.

Yesterday officers were searching an address in Vanguard Road, while also looking into reports that there may have been an earlier stabbing on the same street.

A police statement said: “Officers say they don’t believe the attack was random and think the victim was targeted. They are still appealing for witnesses, both to the known stabbing and the other possible incident.”

Mysteriously, a knife – believed to have been the weapon involved – was recovered in the Portswood area, almost two miles from Vanguard Road.

Police are encouraging anyone who may have information related to the crimed phone 101 or to call crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.