Chris Pate to Host Results Night Live 2012

6

SUSUtv have confirmed the names and faces to be involved in their coverage of the Sabbatical and Trustee Elections 2012.

Chris Pate, current Head of Speech at Surge Radio, will anchor the online coverage on March 1st.

The main stage in the cube will be presented by current RAG officer Adam Maloney, alongside Annie Partridge.

Mr. Pate, 21, has appeared in two live shows already for SUSUtv this year, including Freshers TV in October and the 2011 Christmas Broadcast, the latter being shown live from the Stag’s Head alongisde UPSUtv from the University of Portsmouth in December.

Chris said “It’s something that I’ve wanted to do since first year, and I feel very privileged to be given the chance host the event. Elections Night Live is such a huge date in the SUSU calendar and it’s a real honour to be a part of what looks to be its best year yet.”

“Nerves aside, I’m really looking forward to cracking on with the rehearsals and seeing the show take shape!”

Chris Pate

Neither Adam Maloney nor Annie Partridge have appeared on SUSUtv before, but both impressed at the open auditions – the first time in history SUSU have auditioned for the broadcast. Over thirty people auditioned for the six presenting roles available.

Mr. Maloney told the Wessex Scene “‘I’m proper chuffed to be presenting the elections this year. It looks like it’s going to be massive, and the rest of the presenting team and SUSUtv are top notch – I couldn’t have asked for anyone better to work with!”

Also appearing on the results show will be Wessex Scene Editor Mike Fisher, Lydie Maniema and James Dennis, alongside returning officer, former SUSU Sabbatical John Walsh.

Elections Night Live will begin at 9pm on Thursday 1st March at the Cube, with the live stream beginning at 10 o’ clock. All information can be found here. 

The Wessex Scene will be bringing you all the latest elections news in the coming weeks.

Chris deserves to do it this year, so I’m glad he’s scored the job; I’m a bit worried about the other presenters though, being so inexperienced, as it has been noticeable in past shows but I’m sure they will do a fine job and it will bring in the same kind of figures as last year. Best of luck to them!

Bored.

I think you’re forgetting this is a student election, not a national one. Get a grip.

Andre Pusey

What? Chill out, all I said was I hope they do a good job. For people involved in media this is a big deal, and the show was watched by over 10,000 people last year… I’m sure it will be great.

Bored.

“Involved in the media.” This is SUSU.

Portswood Press

Clearly I meant SUSU Media.

Andre Pusey

Didn’t mean to reply as PP, oops.