Full Grad Ball Schedule Released

4

The schedule for the 2012 SUSU Graduation Ball has been released to students. In an email sent to ticket purchasers yesterday afternoon (June 8th), Union President Sam Ling revealed the full running order for the June 12th event, as well as providing students with a number of vouchers for discounts on food at various restaurants around town.

In the main room of Oceana, the Icehouse, High on Heels will be opening the night at 8pm. Main attraction Pixie Lott will be performing from 11pm, before Radio 1 DJ Annie Mac takes over at 12:30am. SUSU DJ and former sabbatical officer Jamie Ings will round out the main room entertainment from 2am until the end of the night. Formal photographs in the Icehouse will be available between 8pm and 11pm.

In the second room, the Disco, chill-out DJ Tom de Vos will be providing the warm-up from 8pm, after which Southampton alumnus and Radio 1 DJ Chris Stark will take over from 9pm. An hour later, the Cuban Brothers will provide a couple of hours of their unique brand of entertainment, before Starkey returns at midnight for a second set. Adrian Murphy, who will be performing at SHADE today, will close the night from 1am.

Pixie Lott will perform in the Icehouse from 11pm

In the Bar Quarter room, widely regarded as the place for ‘alternative’ entertainment at the Grad Ball, Mark Parker will open with a DJ set from 8pm, setting the stage for comedian Mark Little to kick off the laughs from 10pm. Up-and-coming comedian Charlie Baker will follow from 10:30pm, followed by comedienne Shappi Khorsandi — who has appeared on shows such as Have I Got News for You, Live at the Apollo and 8 Out of 10 Cats — from 11pm. Parker will return for a second set after Khorsandi’s half-hour performance, followed by the welcome return of Chesney Hawkes from midnight. Parker will then close the room after Hawkes’s 45-minute set. Formal photography will be available from 7pm until “late”.

Elsewhere at this year’s Grad Ball, there will be a Winchester School of Arts-focused room called the Villa Tahiti, which features performances from Tom de Vos and B-Side, a fairground open from 8pm until late, food and drinks stalls, and survivors’ photographs outside the venue at 4am. Tickets are available from the box office, and are priced at £49 each.