Surprise Act Confirmed for the Freshers’ Ball

2

The Freshers’ Ball 2012 already looks set to be an incredible night with headliners such as new ravers Hadouken and MOBO Award winning rapper Chip (formerly Chipmunk) staged across the freshly revamped Bridge, The Cube and The West Ref. Now SUSU has announced a further surprise act, Verne Troyer, who will give a DJ set at the Ball. 

Many will know Verne Troyer as “Mini Me” from the Austin Powers films so look out for him next Monday, October 8.

He joins an already packed and impressive line-up featuring, along with those named above, Radio 1 DJ Greg James, comedians Seann Walsh and Marlon Davis, Britain’s Got Talent contestants The Loveable Rogues, High on Heels and Ministry of Sound DJs.

Tickets to the Freshers’ Ball are £25 and are still available at the SUSU Box office and  online, those who have already bought their tickets will receive an email shortly which will list the full line-up.

So hurry up and snap them up, as there is no limit to how many tickets any student is permitted to buy.

Not got your tickets yet but fancy your chances of getting lucky? Check out our competition here.

What do you think of the line-up? Are you excited? We want to hear from you so please get in touch and comment below.

I come from South West London and am studying English at Southampton. I am interested in journalism and considering it as a career after my degree. I have interests in Sports and Music and have written for a sports magazine called Sportsister before. I am keen to get involved in as much as possible whilst at Uni and writing about my experiences could be a very rewarding thing. :)