- What in the World is this “Gender” Thing? A Non-Binary Perspective
- Why Asexual Awareness Week Is Important
- LGBT Network gains public presence on Facebook & plans LGBT History Month
- Malaysian Government Performing Seminars to Teach Parents and Teachers How to Spot Gay Kids
- Kill the Gays – A Fight Against Ugandan Oppression
- Brighton Pride Review
- Campaign started for a Southampton Pride event
- Two Gay Jamaicans Contest The Island’s Homophobic Laws
- Media Highlights Worrying Trend Of Gay Conversion Therapy
- Obama’s Promise for LGBT Equality Rivals Mitt Romney’s Shocking Policies
- Outraged Cardinal Keith O’Brien Wins Bigot Of The Year Award
- Homophobia in the UK?
- Shocking “Call Me Kuchu” Tells Ugandan LGBT’s Tragic Struggle For Safety
- Cameron gets his foot stuck in it, again
- America Approves of the LGBT Community
- Kill The Gays Bill to pass as ‘Christmas gift’ to Ugandans
- Sir Ian McKellen Stands Up Against Homophobic Bullying
- Uganda Drops Death Penalty From “Kill The Gays” Bill
- First Gay Mosque Of Europe Opens In Paris
- Same-sex Marriage To Become Legal In 2013
- Iowa Becomes The First Public University To Ask Applicants If They Are Gay
- BBC Report Shows Gay TV Characters Are Under Represented
- Amsterdam Celebrates Drag Queen Winter Olympics 2012
- 10 Overlooked LGBT News Stories of 2012
- Berlusconi Says Yes To Gay Marriage – But Will He Keep His Word?
- ‘Sugar Rush’ Writer’s Bigoted Transphobia Published
- Hampshire ‘Top Police Force 2013’ for LGB
- Gay Marriage Is A ‘Category Error’
- Private: The Gay Agenda Marches On
- Private: Same Sex Marriage Legalised for England and Wales
- Private: The Gay Best Friend Myth
- MPs in Uganda Pass Anti-Homosexual Bill
- The LGBT Pride Flag – Do we really need to include Black and Brown stripes for POC?
- Here’s (Nearly) Everything You Need to Know About the Australian Equal Marriage Vote
- Australia Backs Same-Sex Marriage
For someone to be homosexual “something has gone wrong in their development,” said Anthony Ozimic when he appeared on ‘This Morning’ on the January 17, 2013, voicing his concerns over the government’s plans to legalise same-sex marriage. The Society for the Protection of Unborn Children member added that they should not “come out with pride,” concerned that further education in schools on the subject of same sex marriage will encourage and promote homosexuality.
Ozimic’s fierce beliefs that marriage is defined as love between a man and a woman, rather than two people of the same gender, led him to conclude that the teaching of homosexual marriage within schools will confuse children; shockingly stating that homosexuality is “not natural” and that children are at risk of being taught things that are incorrect. Despite Ozimic’s concerns, a statement from the Department of Education has made it clear that the proposals to legalise homosexual marriage will not alter the way in which children are taught in school.
An astounded Kelly Rose Bradford rejected the outdated arguments put forward by Ozimic, instead wishing for children to be taught in a manner that is relevant for the today’s society. She was outraged at Ozimic’s suggestion that homosexuals should not come out with pride and should instead be suppressed, something that seems preposterous in the more accepting and diverse society we live in today.
The government’s proposal to legalise same sex marriage was always going to be controversial, as many people within society fear change. However, the definition of love in the Oxford English Dictionary is “a feeling or disposition of deep affection or fondness for someone.” Who are we to say that love between two of the same gender is wrong? The statement above does not specifically mention of of the opposite gender – perhaps this goes to show how old fashioned and ridiculous Ozimic’s concerns are.