Enactus Southampton Wins National Competition

Social enterprise society, Enactus Southampton, have won the prestigious Enactus UK Nationals competition once again, previously winning the title in 2011, 2012 and 2013.

Up against 35 teams from across the UK, competing on the 13-14 April, Enactus Southampton were represented by Josh Hasdell, Jake Davies, Rosie Maddren, Rosie Davis, Nikki Hawkes, Bradley Heslop, Adam Boxer and Alasdair Gerrard, for a 17 minute presentation and gruelling question and answer round from a multitude of judges.

The passionate team with their polished presentation about Southampton’s flagship international projects ‘Rightlight’ and ‘Saneco’, excelled and once again brought home the crown.

The Southampton team will now be representing the UK in the international Enactus World Cup competition held in Johannesburg, South Africa this October.

Members of the Enactus Southampton team. Photo credit: Enactus Southampton.

In addition to this success, the team also won the Female Empowerment through Food Waste or Nutrition award for Saneco, which works in Kenya assisting with developing products and educations packs for Sanitary Towel, Fertiliser and Soap entrepreneurs.

With over 200 members, Enactus Southampton is the largest team in the UK working tirelessly and using their skills to undertake social enterprise to help and empower people with projects not just internationally but also in the local community.

President, Josh Hasdell who was also recognised for his outstanding contribution, said:

“Leading the Enactus Southampton team this year has been a dream with over 203 members contributing to our mission set out 12 months ago – to start making a change to the world we live in – and I’m so proud that all the members hard work has been recognized nationally as the UK Enactus Champions 2015.”

Enactus Southampton previously won second place in the Enactus World Cup held in Mexico in 2013. The highest ever placing for a UK team at international level.

The Wessex Scene congratulates Enactus Southampton for all their hard work and the best of luck for Johannesburg!