BREAKING: Body Found in Search For Southampton Medical Grad

0

A body has been found it the search for missing Junior Doctor and Southampton Graduate Rose Polge.

The Southampton Medical School graduate Rose Polge reportedly left a suicide note making a reference to the Jeremy Hunt before her disappearance. Wessex Scene reported in February.  Dr Polge, 25,  has not been since early February.

The police recovered the body of a woman in the sea, near Portland Headland in Dorset, 10 days ago, and they believe it could be the body of Dr Polge. Officers from Devon and Cornwall police are waiting for the coroner’s office to make a formal identification.

Dr Polge, who graduated from Southampton in July last year, has not been seen since her car was found parked at Anstey’s Cove on the Devon coast, a hooded top, believed to belong to her has been washed ashore.

A police spokesman said:

On Friday the 1st April, a female body was recovered from the sea east of Portland Headland, Dorset.  Police are currently working on the belief that the body is that of 25-year old missing person Rose Polge, from Torquay. Devon and Cornwall Police are working with Dorset Police and the Coroner’s Office on this matter, and await the results of the formal identification.

In a statement, Dr Robert Dyer, Medical Director at Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust where Dr Polge worked, said:

Whilst we have not yet received confirmation of identity, we understand that Rose’s family have been informed of this development. Our thoughts are with her family and loved ones at this very distressing time. We will continue to do whatever we can to support the authorities, as well as providing support to her colleagues at this difficult time.

If you’ve been affected by this story, please contact the Advice Centre on 023 8059 2085.

Wessex Scene will keep you updated as  this story develops. 

Editor 2015-16. Politics Editor 2014-15. Third year Politics and Economics student, I've written for every section but primarily write politics, opinion and news pieces. I also write for The Edge, Kettle Mag, The National Student, The Student Times and the Independent and do lots of work with Surge Radio.