Donald Trump’s Campaign Manager Arrested

0

Donald Trump’s Campaign Manager, Corey Lewandowski, has been arrested and charged with battery after grabbing former Breitbart News Network reporter Michelle Fields.

According to The Palm Beach Post, Mr Lewandowski handed himself in to police at around 8am local time on Tuesday. Ms Fields, 28, filed charges against him in Jupiter, Florida. The incident is said to have occurred at a press conference which took place in the town earlier this month after she asked Trump a question about affirmative action policies.

Ms Fields tweeted photos of bruises that she said were caused during the incident. She later resigned from Breitbart after the organisation’s refusal to support her allegations. She was supported by a number of other staff including formed Editor-at-Large Ben Shapiro, who accused the news organisation of ‘abandoning’ her to support Trump and his campaign manager due to its conservative political leanings.

Other reporters including the Washington Post‘s Ben Terris claimed to have witnessed the incident and identified Lewandowski as the man who had grabbed Ms Fields, despite Lewandowski replying to her tweet claiming she was ‘totally delusional’.

In a statement, Trump’s campaign team refuted the claim of arrest and said they will fight the charges:

Mr Lewandowski was issued a Notice to Appear and was given a court date. He was not arrested…

Mr Lewandowski is absolutely innocent of this charge. He will enter a plea of not guilty and looks forward to his day in court. He is completely confident that he will be exonerated.

International Editor 2015-17. Third year French & Spanish student currently spending a year studying abroad in Concepción, Chile. Interested in media and world news.