Trump Announces His ‘Contract With The American Voter’

0

As the run up to elections begins, Trump has announced his promises to the American people if he is elected into office. During his appearance in Pennsylvania, he’s revealed that he’ll work to enact these promises within his first 100 days in office.

Trump stated:

On November Eighth, Americans will be voting for this 100-day plan to restore prosperity to our country, secure our communities, and honesty to our government. This is my pledge to you and if we follow these steps we will once more have a government of, by and for the people and importantly we will make America great again. Believe me.

Trump’s Contract with the American Voter contains a range of key policies he hopes to enforce, particularly concerning regulations regarding those working in Congress. To begin, Trump hopes to create term limits for all members within Congress. The list also includes policies surrounding lobbying including a 5-year ban of any Congressman becoming a lobbyist after their term has ended, a lifetime ban of Congressmen lobbying for foreign governments and a lifetime ban on foreign governments lobbying for US officials.

Military veterans are promised a wider range of healthcare options through the creation of the Restoring National Security Act. Trump says this will allow Congress to rebuild the military structure by expanding investment. The Clean Up Corruption in Washington Act is aimed at eliminating the ‘corruption’ and ‘special influences’ within the U.S. government, enforcing new ethical standards upon those working within it. Furthermore, for any federal regulation passed, Trump hopes to eliminate two previously existing regulations in return.

Regarding international relations, Trump’s list of promises also includes withdrawing from the NAFTA trade agreement under Article 50 and terminating payments to the United Nations’ climate change programmes, redirecting that money towards America’s own water and environmental infrastructure. Clearly, Trump’s 100 day plan couldn’t come without a mention of immigration. He has also stated his ambition to remove over 2 million illegal immigrants within America, and impose a system of extreme vetting (an ideological test for anyone hoping to enter the US).

Trump’s main aim within his list of promises is to eliminate government corruption and provide security and protection for the American people. As expected, this has caused a massive uproar of both opposition and support.

Online Manager 2015-2016 | Head of Design 2016-2018