Spots, florals and bold stripes: Spring Trends for Women

1

Finding out that freckles are ‘having a fashion moment’, I was a little concerned at what lies ahead in spring fashion this year (we are even advised to pencil them in ourselves). However, it seems that this season has lots to offer, from spots to bold stripes.

One particularly striking trend is printed trousers, particularly flattering on tall, slim frames. They can either be worn with a bright top, to make a statement, or with simple accessories in nude or black for a more subtle look. Baggy printed trousers can billow out though, making florals seem the easier option to brighten up a spring wardrobe. Save on cost by digging out old floral dresses and accessories, or head to Peacocks for a pretty ruched playsuit (pictured, Peacocks, £20). The girlier, the better, although gorgeous floral pumps can be found at La Redoutte for a more practical answer to the flowery trend.

If not your thing, try adding spotty items to your everyday look. Topshop has the look covered, but for something that won’t leave quite such a dramatic dent in your bank balance, New Look currently have cute spotty heels and Zara have some more sophisticated spotty dresses perfect for the sunnier weather.

Bold stripes are also back in fashion. River Island has a pleasingly varied choice. Remember the rule that vertical stripes are generally more slimming than horizontal ones and have fun experimenting with different items.

Emily! Come and write about my little shop in Bedford Place. Hepwright’s – vintage loveliness. I am Soton Uni alumni too (MBA 2000). Be good to meet you and talk fashion.