Festival Fashion, 2011 style!

1

So, Beyonce’s going to Glastonbury, Example’s at Beach Break… where will you be this festival season? Wherever you’re heading, one thing is certain: you’ll need that perfect festival wardrobe to go with you. Sounds good, but getting those tickets has left you a bit strapped for cash? No fear! We’ve scoured the high street to find the hottest festival fashion that even a student budget can accommodate. So, read on to find out what you’ll be wearing in fields around the country this summer!

The Straw Hat

This year’s first festival fashion must-have is the straw hat. From Cowgirl to Trilby, there’s a size and style to suit everyone, so there’s no excuse. Plus, as well as looking great, it’ll also help keep you cool and protect you from the sun – preventing that dreaded lobster-face look! Result!The Maxi-dress

Last year’s smash hit, the maxi-dress, is still a favourite this summer, so why not add a touch a glamour to your festival wardrobe? Look for bright, tropical prints, like these from Republic and River Island, to really make you stand out from the festival crowds. Perfect for that swishy, bohemian feeling, just add a floral headband and some sandals and you’re ready to sway to some chilled-out tunes!The Fringed Crop Top

Combine 2 trends in 1 this summer with a fringed, cropped tee. Check out this amazing Native Indian print fringed top from New Look – is there another top anywhere more perfect for a festival? It’ll look great with some aviator sunnies and denim shorts – and why not go all out and complete the look with some beaded gladiator sandals.

The Denim Shorts

Never out of style, denim shorts and festivals go together like…well, denim shorts and festivals! Check out these variations on the classic for 2011. Topshop’s Aztec print would look great paired with a straw hat, white cami and ethnic jewellery. And for the slightly more purse-friendly option, Peacocks have a great floral alternative for half the price!

The Statement Sunglasses

Sunglasses are always a festival must, and this year is no exception. Aviators are still a classic fave, but this summer it’s all about using your shades to make a statement. Think bright colours, polka dots and funky shaped frames. Now, let’s just hope they’re needed…

The Parka Jacket

And from something we hope is needed, to something we definitely hope isn’t – a raincoat is (unfortunately) as much a festival essential as sunglasses. But don’t worry, it doesn’t have to spoil your outfit – check out these fashion friendly parka jackets from New Look and ASOS – perfect for those of us who want to stay dry whilst still looking good!

The Wellies

And last but by no means least, no festival fashion must-have list would be complete without some funky wellies. As much as we’d all love to be able to live in our flip-flops, realistically we know we’re more likely to be faced with a mud bath. But, all is not lost – as these examples from Peacocks and Accessorize prove, this year there are some wellies out there that are so awesome, you’ll almost be disappointed if it doesn’t rain!So there you have it, your 2011 festival fashion wardrobe sorted. All that’s left to do now is find a tent, pray for sunshine and let the good times roll!

Pink cowgirl boots are a unique breed of the traditional cowgirl boots. It used to be that these boots came only in black and brown, but now, they are popping up in many different colors. Pink is one color that stands out the most. It takes a lot to wear pink cowgirl boots, especially since they are so stand offish. Wearers of this kind of cowgirl boots are gutsy and are always making a fashion statement. However, not everybody can pull off this trend. Do you have what it takes to wear pink toddler boots?