Six of the Best – Free Lifestyle Apps

0

If you own an iPhone, iPod or iPad, chances are you’re always on the lookout for the best apps. The Wessex Scene Lifestyle section has come up with a list that will have something for everybody, and it won’t cost you a thing!

1. Vouchercloud: Having been voted the UK’s #1 money saving app by many newspapers, this beauty can give you discounts on dining out, retail, entertainment and travel, to mention a few. It uses GPS technology, tailoring the offers available to wherever you are; ideal for the ever-travelling student.

2. Calorie Counter & Diet Tracker by MyFitnessPal: If you’re looking to lose weight, maintain your health or just pay more attention to what you’re eating, this is the app for you! If you’ve ever used MyFitnessPal.com, this takes your calorie counting to the next level, allowing you to keep track on the move. With a huge database of nutritional information, the ability to add your own meals and foods, and an exercise diary, you can calculate goals, set targets and share with friends to gain motivation. Perfect for anyone wanting to get fit and healthy.

3. Mixology™ Drink Recipes: Explore the world of the Barman with this guide to drink making. With countless recipes for every kind of cocktail, Jell-o Shots and even Martinis, you can find something for every occasion; pre-drinks or a posh girl’s night in. Although there are banner adverts (as with most free apps) it’s a bargain, and you can always upgrade to the paid app for more options and less advertising.

4. iKarmasutra Lite: If you’re looking to spice things up in the bedroom or simply to have a giggle with some mates, try this app. This free app comes with 30 positions, allowing you to search by levels of intimacy, complexity and strength, and then enabling you to keep tabs of what you’ve tried. It even has a pass code to retain your modesty, and there’s a paid version available if you want even more!

5. This Morning Food: As usual, you have to buy an upgraded version to get more recipes, but this free app is great to get you started. With 20 recipes, you can easily search for what you’re looking for, and even use the shopping list tool to keep track of what you need to buy. This should get you started, and is easy to follow – ideal for those just starting to cook for themselves!

6. iSoton: A real essential for the Southampton University student. Keep track of your timetable, access your email, find out when the next bus is due and use the campus map to find out where you need to go. A real lifesaver for fresher and post-grad alike.