Student Lock-in Comes to Southampton’s WestQuay.

0

One of the biggest student shopping events is  coming to Southampton.

On Thursday 6th October, WestQuay shopping centre is set to be full to bursting as students take advantage of discounts and deals, revelling in a little retail therapy to end Fresher’s Week 2011. From 7.30pm until 10pm, the local shopping centre will be transformed into a budget-friendly shopping experience as the Student Lock-In takes town by storm.

The Student Lock-in is organised by Total Students, a group which has successfully run similar events in the past. A Student Lock-In was hosted in Cardiff in 2010, which saw 7,000 students attending.

The company has now organised ten similar events in cities around the UK.

“The atmosphere in Cardiff was electric and a huge success for everyone involved, we are so excited to be bringing this event to Southampton and look forward to seeing you all there”.

Caroline Archer
Events and Promotions Manager from Total Students HQ

So what can we expect on the night? Rumour has it that live DJs and competitions will be taking place throughout the evening, not to mention countless freebies and activities. In the past, shopping centres have seen climbing walls and Lady Gaga impersonators, yet it still remains to be seen what Southampton’s WestQuay can expect.

Although there are still many more to be announced, the Scene can reveal that offers so far include 30% off at Levis, 20% off at Office and Republic, and even 25% off at YO! Sushi.

Students wishing to receive fast track entry should pre-register online, giving their details in return for a confirmation code which will allow them entry via a second queue, much like guest-lists. Organisers stipulate that Student ID is vital.

Visit www.studentlockin.com for more details and to register.