Nobody can resist a plate of biscuits, and these sweetly spiced shortbreads are a real treat. The delicious aroma of the cinnamon cookies will fill your kitchen as they bake – perfect to get you in the Christmas spirit! These shortbreads are amazing. Sharing is optional.
INGREDIENTS:225g Salted butter, melted
75g Icing sugar
1 tsp Vanilla extract
225g Plain flour (plus extra for rolling)
2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
A little milk, to glaze the shortbread
1. Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and add the butter, beating both together.
2. Sift in the flour and cinnamon and beat until smooth.
3. Flatten the dough, wrap in clingfilm and chill in the fridge until firm. Then preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4.
4. When chilled, after apprx 30 mins, line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper and lightly dust the work surface with flour.
5. Roll the dough to a thickness of apprx 3mm and use cookie cutters to stamp out shapes, Christmassy themed if you like! Space the biscuits out on a baking sheet.
6. Brush with the milk and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 12-15 mins, until golden brown.
7. Cool on a rack, then ENJOY!